The Hamas-run Health Ministry in the Gaza Strip said four Palestinians were injured by the Israeli strikes overnight, including a married couple who were injured after their house was struck in the southern Gaza city of Rafah. The missiles missed built-up areas and no casualties or damage were reported. But it marked the first time that Tel Aviv, 50 miles north of Gaza, has been targeted by rocket fire since a 2014 war with Gaza militants.
No injuries or deaths have been reported, the source added.
The UN recently released a report saying the military "may have" been responsible for war crimes following the deaths of 189 Palestinian protesters in Gaza previous year. The organizers of a weekly protest along the Israeli border said they would cancel the demonstration in the wake of the escalation.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to conduct an emergency security meeting in Tel Aviv, where the army is headquartered.
Hamas denied responsibility for the attack, but after an investigation, Israel concluded the terror group was responsible.
Sirens sounded and explosions could be heard in an Israeli city on Thursday evening, according to a report.Читайте также: Facebook's massive outage was the result of a server configuration change
The Iran-backed Al-Sabareen terrorist group in Gaza has yet to release an official statement following the rocket attacks.
Others pointed the finger at Islamic Jihad, the second largest militant organization in Gaza, saying the group may have been trying to disrupt efforts by Egypt to broker a truce between Hamas and Israel. It was the first time the city had been targeted since a 2014 war between Israel and Gaza militants.
Israeli media are citing an Israeli defence official as saying that the rockets may have been launched "by mistake" while maintenance work was being carried out. Late Thursday, local media said that Egyptian mediators left the territory.
It comes with the one-year anniversary of mass protests and clashes along the Gaza-Israel border fence approaching on March 30. Israel and Hamas have fought three wars since Hamas sized control of Gaza in 2007.
People standing outside a bomb shelter after it was open by the Tel Aviv municipality on March 14, 2019, after earlier two rockets from the Gaza Strip were fired towards central Israel.
Naftali Bennett, a member of Netanyahu's security cabinet who is vying with him for rightist-votes in the looming ballot, issued a statement demanding the assassination of Hamas chiefs. "We'll do whatever is necessary to return the peace and quiet to the Gaza border communities, and the entire south".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог