It’s back to school time, so let the chaos begin! A lot of moms I know are always so excited to get their kids back to school, but personally I am so sad when summer ends. Why? I do miss my son while he is at school, but the real reason is that our easy going days come to an end and the hectic school season begins. I feel like my sanity ends with summer, so here are 3 ways we can all learn to stay sane through the madness:
1. Keep Your Exercise Routine. With the stress of driving back and forth to the school, packing lunches, doing homework, and trying to get back into a school routine, it’s easy to lose YOUR routine. It will help with your stress level and make you feel better. I love to do yoga and work out on my elliptical, but I also enjoy taking walks with my kids and that’s something we usually add in during the school year since the weather starts to cool down.
2. Sleep Better. This is kind of a no brainer, since obviously you are going to need it, but it’s amazing how quickly we can forget how much we really need our sleep. I personally struggle with following asleep. Have you ever watched Monster’s Inc? I’m sure most of you are familiar with it, but do you remember the part where Boo is in the bed and Sulley is telling her to go to sleep? One second she’s laughing and the next she is totally out. Well, that is EXACTLY how my husband and kids are! They could literally be in the middle of talking to me and suddenly they are asleep! NO FAIR! It takes me hours to fall asleep. I can’t turn my brain off no matter how hard I try!
I have been trying meditation, limiting my caffeine intake, hot baths, and avoiding naps, but some days I really struggle. Well thanks to Natrol Melatonin, my days of sleep struggle are over.
Natrol Melatonin is a drug-free sleep aid that helps you fall asleep faster, stay asleep, and supports an overall better sleep. I really did sleep better and I actually woke up on my own instead of sleeping until my baby woke me up. Here are some other benefits of using Natrol:
- 100% drug-free and non-habit forming
- Supports an overall better sleep
- Helps regulate healthy sleeping patterns
- Helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep
- Wake up refreshed in the mornings – no more ‘sleep hangovers’
- 100% vegetarian
I love the Natrol Fast Dissolving Tablets since they taste great and quickly dissolve in my mouth. I also like that I can choose between a 5 mg Fast Dissolve Natrol Melatonin or the Natrol Advanced Sleep Malatonin which is 10 mg.
3. Take a Personal Day. Sometimes us moms just need to take some time for ourselves. I used to feel so guilty over this, but I now know that I’m a better mom if I take some time for myself every once in awhile. So whether it’s getting out of the house without kids for a few hours, having a girl’s night out, or just taking the day to relax…it’s important to just take a day off (as much as you can of course). We went on a cruise a few months ago and one of my favorite moments was just relaxing on our balcony having breakfast, reading a book, and enjoying the view. I can’t have that exact view here in Utah, but I try to recreate that moment whenever I can. The real goal is to just relax, refresh, and regroup so you are ready to go again with the back to school craziness.
Back to school used to cause me so much stress and I would struggle with sleep, but thankfully this year I have Melatonin to help me out. Natrol Melatonin is available at mass-market retailers, online retailers, natural food and supplement stores. Just look for the purple bottle and remember to download this coupon to save you money are your purchase! Do you have any sleep tips? What do you do to stay sane through the back to school madness? Be sure to leave your tips in a blog post comment below.
GIVEAWAY: One LUCKY U.S. winner will receive Natrol Fuzzy Socks, Sleep Mask, Ear plugs, & a bottle of Natrol Melatonin 5mg Fast Dissolve.