“The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Oroweat® Bread so that I could try the product and share information about the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest and my thoughts and information about Oroweat®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Oroweat® Bread.”
My family exists on sandwiches. It’s our fall back meal anytime my kids don’t like what we are eating or when I just don’t have time to make anything. I love using Oroweat® Whole Grains Sliced Breads since they have 2 to 5 grams of fiber per slice, zero grams of trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup, and it’s cholesterol free. So I feel good feeding it to my family.
Oroweat® has so many breads to choose from and as much as I love their Whole Grains, they also have Oroweat®Sandwich Thins® Rolls. Health authorities recommend munching on 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day, much of which may come from whole grain products like Oroweat® Whole Grains Sliced Breads or Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties. If you’re not sure of how many grams of whole grains you are getting, look for the Whole Grain Stamp found on all of Oroweat® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls.
My kids really love the Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls and one of their favorite ways to eat it is with Nutella and sliced up bananas. We usually toast the bread first. It’s delicious!
“2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest:
Oroweat® Bread is excited to launch their “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest! The sandwich architect whose filling matches the goodness of Oroweat® Bread will win a grand prize of $25,000.
- Before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of the Oroweat® Sliced Breads, including any of the Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
- This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside, or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
- The recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize.
- Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 21st, online consumer voting will take place September 26th – October 23rd, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
- Oroweat® bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread (up to 100,000 loaves) to Feeding America for each valid entry submission during the entry period and vote received during the online voting phase of the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest
- More information on the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest Official Rules and Donation Program terms and conditions can be found at http://www.americasbettersandwich.com .
To help you get inspired, I created my own sandwich. We call it the Grown-Up Grilled Cheese.
- 2 slices of Oroweat® Bread
- 1-2 TBS Cream Cheese
- 1 TBS Butter
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 slice Pepperjack
- 2-3 slices of Red Onion
- Fresh Basil (Optional)
- Cover both sides of your bread with cream cheese.
- Layer your cheeses on one side of the bread and put the onion and basil on the other.
- Put the slices together and spread butter on the outside of the bread so it won't stick to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat on both sides until they are golden brown.
Even my youngest loved this delicious sandwich…so I guess it’s not just for grown-ups! I had forgotten to buy fresh Basil, so I think that would have really put the sandwich over the top, but it was still amazing.
*Availability: Oroweat® bread is available across the Western U.S. It can be found in the Midwestern U.S. as Brownberry® bread and in the Eastern U.S. as Arnold® bread. Be sure to follow Oroweat® on Facebook to stay up to date on all their latest news and deals. Don’t forget to enter the contest as well!
GIVEAWAY: One LUCKY U.S. winner will receive:
- Six coupons, each valid for $5.00 off the purchase of any Oroweat® Whole Grain Sliced Bread of choice
- Six coupons, each valid for $4.00 off the purchase of any Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls of choice
- $25 Visa gift card to use towards ingredients for their favorite sandwiches
Just fill out the Rafflecopter Form Below! Don’t see it? Just give it a second to load or click the READ MORE link.. If you have any problems or don’t know how to fill out the form, feel free to email me with any questions.
**The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Oroweat® Bread so that I could try the product and share information about the “2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest and my thoughts and information about Oroweat®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Oroweat® Bread. The prize will be sent out by the sponsor. I am in no way responsible for a winner not receiving their prize, however I will do everything I can to help the winner receive their prize.**