Crock-Pot Scalloped Potatoes & Ham Recipe

I am not a great cook and I honestly don’t like cooking. So I am all about easy and quick meals that taste delicious. I am going to start sharing meals that I make for my family all the time. Today I am going to share a recipe with you that I make a lot. It’s so easy since you just throw the ingredients in the crock-pot and let the crock-pot do all the work. If you are like me, then you also aren’t a big fan of spending hours cleaning after dinner, so to make this an even easier meal, use a crock-pot liner (I unfortunately didn’t have any when I made this so I had to do some scrubbing afterwards). This is a meal that my kids love and my husband has several helpings. I usually add a vegetable as a side dish (like corn or green beans) and then some type of bread like rolls, biscuits, cornbread, or my favorite….orange rolls (which I will be posting soon). Enjoy!

133

Crock-Pot Scalloped Potatoes & Ham

• 6 large russet potatoes sliced into 1/4 inch rounds (you can keep the skins on or peel them first. My kids prefer me to peel them)
  • 1 ham steak or turkey ham cut into cubes (I just use whatever type of thick ham I have on hand)
  • 1 can undiluted cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 soup can water
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Layer potatoes and ham in Crock-pot/slow-cooker.

115

Combine Soup, water, cheese and seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Pour mixture over potatoes and ham.

114

Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 hours until potatoes are fork-tender. Turn Crock-pot to LOW and continue cooking 1 hour. I often times will cook for 5-6 hours on low and that works fine too. It doesn’t take too long to cook, so just make sure not to over cook.

131

Comments

1. dannyscotland says:

I should get a crock pot. I hate cooking, too.

2. Rebecca Kellerman says:

This looks really yummy and relatively easy. Thanks for sharing. Always looking for new recipes.

3. This recipe looks so great and cooking in a crock-pot means it must be easier to cook. I am going to try and make this with in the next few weeks when we have a cool wave in the weather.

4. I don’t like cooking either. It’s so awesome when I have something in the crackpot. It’s like a weight off your shoulders when you think yay! Dinner is done. This sounds like a great recipe. I’ll have to pin it.

5. Janet W. says:

I’m not a big fan of cooking either and love quick/easy meals to fix. This looks delicious!

6. rochelle haynes says:

This sounds good like to try this

7. I haven’t made scalloped potatoes in ages. I want to get a crock pot, this is a recipe I’d want to make for sure!

8. This recipe looked so good, I copied it down. I am going to make it this coming weekend. I thank you so much for the share.

9. cheryl c. says:

Sounds good! I like that it is SO EASY!

10. Julie Wood says:

This recipe really looks delicious and I love cooking in my Crock Pot because it does not heat up the house and really is easy to make recipes in. I will be trying out your recipe!

11. Is there anything that ham won’t improve. You could add ham to anything and make it better.