**I received the product featured below free of charge in order to do an honest review. My thoughts are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.**
I have always been horrified of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and with my first baby, I was a wreck and I was constantly worrying about him while he was sleeping. I didn’t get a lot of sleep and neither did he. When I was pregnant with my 2nd baby, I knew I couldn’t go through the same thing so I was determined to find something to help us both sleep. That’s when I discovered HALO SleepSack. It’s a wearable blanket that replaces loose blankets that can cover your baby’s face and interfere with their breathing. Not only does it help your baby to sleep safer, but it also helps them (and you) to sleep better. Your baby can’t kick the blankets off of them and you know that your baby isn’t being covered with loose blankets.
We have quite a few HALO SleepSacks and we use them every night with our daughter. I love that they come in a variety of sizes so that we can continually use them as she grows. When she was a baby, we used the HALO SleepSack Swaddles. Now that she is rolling, it’s not safe for us to swaddle so now we use the HALO SleepSack. I was excited to learn that they have new spring designs and I was even more excited when I was sent the Soft Pink Bird Life print to review.
The SleepSack is made with 100% cotton and is machine washable. It’s very soft and I love that it’s light enough so that my baby won’t be overheated in the upcoming warm months. The inverted zipper is great for those midnight diaper changes so that I can easily change her diaper without disturbing her. The SleepSack is also recognized as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. I love how the words “back is best” is embroidered on the front of the SleepSack. This is a great reminder to everyone and I especially love having that reminder when our kids are being babysat.
The SleepSack is so soft and cute. I love the new design and it’s perfect for springtime. My daughter sleeps all night and I really think the HALO SleepSack helps with that. She doesn’t wake up cold since she can’t kick her blankets off of her. I also sleep better knowing that loose blankets can’t interfere with her breathing.
HALO SleepSack is the #1 product I am always recommending to other moms and it’s a product I will continue to use as long as I can. Be sure to visit HALO to check out all their other products as well. Stay up to date on all the latest news, deals, and giveaways by following HALO on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
GIVEAWAY: One LUCKY U.S. or Canada winner will receive a HALO SleepSack or Swaddle (winner gets to choose size, but not design).
Just fill out the Rafflecopter Form below! Don’t see it? Just give it a second to load or click the READ More link. If you have any problems or don’t know how to fill out the form, feel free to email me with any questions. Also, all comments are moderated, so if you don’t see your comment appear for awhile, don’t worry I got it and it will eventually be posted.
**Disclosure: I received a HALO SleepSack free of charge for posting this. No other compensation was received. My thoughts are 100% my own and others may have different opinions. The prize will be sent out by the sponsor. I am in no way responsible for a winner not receiving their prize, however I will do everything I can to help the winner receive their prize.**