**I received the product featured below free of charge in order to do an honest review. My thoughts are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.**
I love candy and MIKE AND IKE® and HOT TAMALES® are some of my favorite candies. This holiday season, sweeten it up with these delicious candies. They are also the perfect candy for Holiday recipes.
I was sent the MIKE AND IKE® Merry mix in a 14 0z. bag, MIKE AND IKE® Minion Mix in a 5 oz. box, and HOT TAMALES® to review.
MIKE AND IKE® Merry Mix comes in a 14 oz bag, perfect for all your home and office holiday parties. This holiday favorite includes original flavors Lime and Cherry, plus a seasonal flavor, Holiday Punch. The red and green colors of Merry Mix add even more festiveness to the season. SRP for Merry Mix is $2.50 – $3.00 for the 14 oz bag. MIKE AND IKE® Original Fruits theater box stocking stuffer comes in a 5 oz box making it an ideal stocking stuffer for all candy lovers on your holiday shopping list. HOT TAMALES® also offers a 5 oz theater box stocking stuffer of cinnamon candy with holiday themed messaging and graphics on the packaging. The SRP for the 5 oz boxes of MIKE AND IKE® Original Fruits and HOT TAMALES® is $1.00 – $1.39. Both package designs include extra space to add a name for the recipient and sender to truly personalize your delicious candy gift.
The HOT TAMALES® are one of my favorite candy treats. The delicious cinnamon flavor definitely reminds me of the holidays. Which is why I think the HOT TAMALES® Snickerdoodles would be great to have this holiday season as a special treat or to make for your holiday party.
HOT TAMALES® Snickerdoodles
Servings: 2 dozen
· 1/2 cup (4 oz) HOT TAMALES®Cinnamon Candies, coarsely chopped*
· 1/4 cup (2 oz) salted margarine, softened
· 1/4 cup (2 oz) shortening (I use Spectrum Organic)
· 3/4 cups (5.6 oz) granulated sugar
· 1 egg
· 1 1/2 cups (6.75 oz) all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· pinch of salt (increase to 1/4 tsp if using unsalted margarine)
· 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
· 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
*The best way to chop it is with a lightly oiled knife.
1. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream together the margarine, shortening and ¾ cups sugar. Add the egg and beat until thoroughly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients (except the candy) into the creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Add the chopped candy and mix until the candy is evenly distributed, a few minutes more.
4. Refrigerate the dough for at least 15 minutes (this makes it easier to handle).
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
6. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Form dough into balls the size of small walnuts (I use a tablespoon cookie scoop). Roll the balls of cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar.
7. Place the cookies two inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets in the oven at the halfway point. They are done when they look puffed in the middle and slightly brown at the edges (the tops of the cookies will form cracks). Be careful not to overcook.
8. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and let cookies sit on it for another minute or so before removing to cooling rack; cookies will flatten out as they cool.
9. These cookies are best served warm, straight out of the oven, but they can be stored in an airtight container for up to two days.
To celebrate the success of the wildly popular movie franchise, MIKE AND IKE® has created a limited edition Minion Mix that will only be available during the holiday season.
MIKE AND IKE® Minion Mix is available in a 5 oz box and comes with 3 different designs on pack – making it a collectable item for every Minion lover. Made with real fruit juice, fans will enjoy the sweet and tasty goodness of Blue Raspberry and Banana flavors. SRP for the 5 oz box is $1.00 – $1.39.
If you love MIKE AND IKE® candies, then you will love the MIKE AND IKE® Crispy Rice Cereal Treats recipe.
MIKE AND IKE® Crispy Rice Cereal Treats
· 1 ½ cups (13 oz) MIKE AND IKE® Original Candies, coarsely chopped*
· 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz, 42g) margarine
· 10 oz (280 g) marshmallows
· 1/2 cup (1.7 oz, 48 g) marshmallow fluff
· 6 cups (5.7 oz, 160g) crisp rice cereal
*The best way to chop it is with a lightly oiled knife.
1. Grease a 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
2. Combine the marshmallows and margarine in a large microwave safe bowl.
3. Place the cereal and candy in another bowl and toss well to combine. Set aside.
4. Microwave the marshmallows and margarine for one minute.
5. Remove from the microwave and stir to combine. If the marshmallows are not fully melted return to the microwave and cook for 30 seconds at a time until they are fully melted.
6. Stir in the fluff and mix well. Add the candy and cereal mixture and stir until combined.
7. Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan. Let cool, then cut into squares.
To stay up to date on all the latest news and deals, be sure to like Mike and Ike on Facebook.
WIN IT: One LUCKY winner will receive their own mix of MIKE AND IKE® and HOT TAMALES® candies.
Just fill out the Rafflecopter Form Below! Don’t see it? Just give it a second to load or click the READ MORE link.. If you have any problems or don’t know how to fill out the form, feel free to email me with any questions.
**Disclosure: I received the products I reviewed free of charge in order to do an honest review. No other compensation was received. My thoughts are 100% my own and others may have different opinions. The prize will be sent out by the sponsor. I am in no way responsible for a winner not receiving their prize, however I will do everything I can to help the winner receive their prize.**